Wine Storage and Drinking Tips
Posted on: May 22, 2017 |
Wine Storage Tips
- Wine should be stored ideally at 55 Degrees Fahrenheit, 70-75% Humidity, in the dark, and on its side.
- Fluctuations in temperature can cause a bottle to spoil. Keep wine out of the kitchen. Stable temperature is more important than perfect temperature.
- Leaving a bottle in your car on a hot day, with almost certainly ruin it.
- Storing a bottle on its side helps keep the cork moist, preventing it from drying out.
- Different wines mature at different rates.
- Collectibles Insurance will cover the appreciation vs renters insurance which will only cover up to the retail value of the wine.
Tips for Drinking Wine
- Drink what you like.
- A stemmed tulip shaped glass is the best all-purpose glass.
- Reds taste best between 53-69 deg.
- White wines, bubbles and champagnes taste best between 44-57 degrees.
- Most wines taste best decanted.