Comic Book Storage Solutions
Posted on: August 14, 2018 | by: Joseph Beatty
Collecting comic books is a very common hobby. Not only can collecting comic books be fun, they also can be worth a great deal of money.
Every comic book collector knows the potential value of their comic book collection. Rare comic books can even sell for thousands and thousands of dollars. One major factor that will affect the value of your comic book is the condition that it is in. Whether you are planning on keeping your comic book collection forever, or eventually plan on selling it, properly storing your comic books is essential. Try out these comic book storage tips!
Comic Book Storage Tips
- Use a Comic Book Protector: Place each comic book inside of a polypropylene sheet comic book protector. The comic book protector will protect the comic book from fingerprints, dust and moisture. Use an acid-free comic book backing board to provide stability to the book and keep it flat. Change the comic book backing every 2 to 5 years to protect the comic book from any color transfer.
- Store in an Acid Free Comic Book Storage Box: Protect your comic books from harm by storing them in an acid free comic book storage box. Comic book storage boxes can typically fit between 200 and 250 comic books, depending on what size of box you use. In order to protect the spines of the comic books, store them vertically inside of the box.
- Never Stack Comic Book Storage Boxes: Stacking comic book storage boxes can result in the comic books becoming damaged or disfigured.
- Store in a Dark and Moisture Free Location: Direct sunlight and moisture can permanently damage your comic books. When storing your comic book collection, store them in a location free from direct sunlight, moisture and fluctuations in temperature and humidity.
- Protect Rare Comic Books: If you have an especially rare comic book, protect it by getting it graded by the Certified Guaranty Company. The company examines the comic book and gives it a grade. After the comic book is graded, it gets sealed inside of a hard-plastic case to protect the value. This is an especially good idea if you are considering selling your comic book in the future.
Comic Book Storage Solutions at Tri-Village Self Storage
If you do not have a safe location in your home to store your comic books, consider a climate controlled storage unit rental. A climate controlled storage unit rental will maintain a steady temperature, ideal for storing sensitive items. Tri-Village Self Storage has 5×5 storage units in Downtown Columbus, Grandview Heights, Plain City, Polaris, Dublin and Powell that will fit even the largest comic book collection. Reserve your storage unit today!