How to Load a Moving Truck
Posted on: December 27, 2018 | by: Joseph Beatty
Are you renting a moving truck for your next move? A moving truck rental is a convenient way to get all of your items from one destination to the next. But did you know that there is a preferred method for packing a moving truck? Maximize your truck space and protect your items from damage by following these tips for loading a moving truck!
5 Tips for Loading a Moving Truck
- Consider the layout of your truck: Before loading items into your moving truck, take a second to plan out where you want your items to go.
- Pack large items first: Large items like dressers, mattresses, bed springs, couches and a kitchen table should be loaded into the moving truck first. Placing large items in the moving truck first allows you to put smaller items around these items. In order to prevent scratches from occurring during transportation, always cover these items with moving blankets. Use moving straps to keep your belongings from shifting during the move.
- Pack heavy boxes next: Next, pack heavy boxes. For example, boxes that contain books, canned goods or any other dense items should go in the moving truck next. Packing heavy boxes next allows you to store lighter items on top.
- Load items backwards to how you’ll need them: Besides the large bulky furniture in the back, the items in your truck should be loaded backwards in order of how you’ll need them. For example, items you’ll want as soon as you get to your new destination should be loaded in the moving truck last. This way, when you open your door to unload your moving truck, you’ll be able to pull out those items first. Items you may want to get out of the moving truck first include tools, financial statements and prescription medicine.
- Use fluffy items as a barrier: If you are moving pillows, blankets or any other large fluffy items, save them to be used as a barrier between large items. Placing a pillow or blanket between your dresser or couch can help to prevent your furniture from getting scratched.
Tri-Village Self Storage is a Registered U-Haul Neighborhood Dealer!
Did you know that we are a registered U-Haul neighborhood dealer? This makes our storage facility a one-stop-shop for all of your storage needs. Tri-Village Self Storage has storage facilities in Grandview Heights, OH, Plain City, OH, Powell, OH, downtown Columbus, OH, on Trabue Rd, nearby Polaris, OH and in Louisville, KY! Our storage facilities offer climate controlled storage options, protecting your items from any dangerous fluctuations in temperature. Whether you’re looking for a small or large storage unit, we have a storage solution for you. Our storage facilities have 5×5, 5×10, 10×10 storage units and every size storage unit in between. Reserve a storage unit with Tri-Village Self Storage today!