How to Rent a Storage Unit: A Step by Step Guide
Posted on: April 20, 2018 | by: Joseph Beatty
If you’re a first-time storage unit renter, you probably have a lot of questions about a storage unit rental. This is normal, and in this post, we aim to answer them. Keep reading for a step-by-step solution to renting a storage unit!
The 5 Steps for Renting a Self Storage Unit
- Decide How Much You’re Storing: Before you can choose your storage unit, it is important to know how much you’ll be storing. Make a quick list of all of the items you would like to put into your storage unit. Once you have your list together, you can use our storage unit calculator to determine what size storage unit will best meet your needs. Tri-Village Self Storage has a variety of popular storage unit size options, including the 5×5 storage unit, 5×10 storage unit and 10×10 storage unit.
- Decide What Kind of Storage Unit is Needed: If you’re storing more sensitive items, it is important to utilize a climate controlled storage unit. Items that can be sensitive to the fluctuations in temperature include leather or wooden furniture, wine, electronics or appliances. If you are not storing items that are sensitive to fluctuations in temperature or humidity, a traditional storage unit will meet your needs. Some storage facilities even offer boat, truck and automobile storage solutions. This is a great solution for storing a trailer, RV, boat, jet ski, motorcycle or spare vehicle.
- Buying Tenant Insurance: Tenant insurance is a great option for the storage of more valuable items. There are many perks to buying tenant insurance. Tenant insurance companies are known for turning over claims very quickly, and you don’t have to worry about your homeowner or renters insurance skyrocketing in result of your claim. Or if you’re just looking for a little extra protection, tenant insurance also offers you the added peace-of-mind that you won’t be left fighting with your own insurance company over something that they should cover.
- Determine Your Storage Unit Accessibility: At Tri-Village Self Storage, we also offer our customers the convenience of first floor and drive-up storage unit rentals. This not only helps with the convenience of loading or unloading your storage unit, it also can save you time when you’re visiting your storage unit.
- Decide Your Method of Payment: We know you’re busy, which is why we try to make the payment process as easy as possible. Our customers are invited to pay their monthly rent in the store or online. We know there may be months where you are not able to make it to the storage facility. An online bill payment option is just one of our storage features put in place for additional customer convenience.
Tri-Village Self Storage is Your Storage Resource
For someone who is a first time storage unit renter or relatively new to the self storage unit process, renting a storage unit can seem like an intimidating task. At Tri-Village Self Storage, this doesn’t have to be the case. Tri-Village Self Storage has friendly storage managers who can help you find the right storage unit for your unique needs. We have storage facilities all throughout the Columbus area, including Polaris, Grandview Heights, downtown Columbus and on Trabue Rd. Rent a storage unit today!