Stress-Free Holiday Tips: How to Prepare the Home for the Holiday Season
Posted on: November 3, 2018 |
The holiday season will be here before we know it! During this time of the year, it’s very common to have guests over for dinner parties, holiday events and more. One of the things you can do to make the season less stressful is prepare your home for the holidays ahead of time. Try out these 6 tips!
Holiday Tips: 6 Tips for Preparing Your Home for the Holiday Season
- Clean the appliances: Give your appliances a quick once-over. Scrub the inside of the microwave, the inside of the refrigerator and the top of the stove. Do not use the self-cleaning setting on the oven as this feature can be extremely hard on the appliance.
- Sharpen the knives: A dull knife can lead to a poor display when carving the turkey or holiday ham. Sharpen the knives with a sharpening stone before the holiday season starts.
- Make your home fall-proof: It is important to make your home safe to visitors during the holidays. If you have any lightbulbs that are burnt out, replace them before the holiday season. Remove any tripping hazards before you have guests over. Fix loose floorboards, tighten loose handrails and stock up on deicer to help clear the driveway or walkway. Add nightlights to the hallways so guests can find their way to the bathroom in the middle of the night.
- Stock up on the essentials: Stock up on the essentials for the kitchen and for having holiday guests. For example, make sure you have enough dish soap, dish washing detergent, plastic wrap and containers for leftovers in the kitchen. Purchase extra toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner and makeup wipes for your holiday guests.
- Check your smoke alarms: Test your smoke alarms and replace any old or dying batteries. Having a working smoke alarm is essential for both your safety and the safety of your guests.
- Declutter: You may discover that as your holiday decorations go up, you lose a great deal of space in your home. Before the holiday season, it’s a good idea to declutter your home. When you rent a storage unit for seasonal storage, you’re able to clear out unneeded items before the holiday season. For example, it may be a good idea to store a piano, out of season items or large pieces of furniture you won’t use during the holidays. Once the season is over, you can bring the items back into your home and store your holiday decorations until next year.
Tri-Village Has Holiday Storage Solutions
Are you interested in renting a storage unit for seasonal items? Tri-Village Self Storage has storage units in Columbus, OH on Trabue Rd, Downtown Columbus, OH, Grandview Heights, OH, Plain City, OH, Polaris, OH and Dublin, OH. Reserve a 5×5 or 5×10 storage unit for seasonal items today!